Wednesday 28 August 2013

On winning things

I have a history of winning things; in fact, I probably can’t recall everything I won in my life so far.

It all started one day when Pick ‘n Pay had a clay building competition to entertain the children when their mothers shop. I build a cute clown from my clay and received a ball for the effort (I think everyone got one, but that wasn’t important).  Apart from various cash prices, which include a photographic competition hosted by a local photo shop, I won a lot of big prices over the years.

 I won a small colour television on a teenage show, named Tekkies. In this particular competition I entered because the runner up received a tog bag full of TV bars, but instead I won the first prize, but that was probably better for my health in the long run. In high school I won a Wendy house in a competition in the local paper and a tennis racket from Jungle Oats. I once won 10 CDs on Highveld Stereo as well as a night’s stay at the Caesar’s hotel. Recently I won a stainless steel fire pit at the Spur and a Lenovo IdeaTab in the last month.


Still I won’t give out hope that one day I will win a car, preferably one I like. And lots of money won’t hurt either. I have however resolved that I will never win the lottery, so I do not even play. Whenever I get the feeling to play the lotto, I rather use the money to buy chocolates.

No comments:

Post a Comment